3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One connected by ethernet cable to my router on a WinXp SP3 computer. Printing worked perfect until a few days ago. I have tried all the standard fixes I know such as check all the cables and delete & reinstall the printer and still the printer shows as offline. If I do this "Click Start - Run and type services.msc and press the OK button. Right-click on the Print Spooler service, and select Restart."every time the printer goes off-line it works temporarily. I googled the problem and tried several of the solutions there but no luck. I also spoke with someone at HP who went on to my computer and verified that the printer is indeed connected but for some reason WinXp is seeing it as "offline". Any help appreciated !!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you have documents that have not printed try the instructions at Can't Clear Print Spooler in Windows XP?.
    You can also try a much more drastic step by using the cleanspl.exe tool. Download link & instructions at How to Use CLEANSPL.EXE to clean spooler registry keys.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable? Have you tried a different port on the router? Can you ping the printer from the PC?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I deleted the printer and all its associated files and reinstalled it and ut seems to be working. Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Good!! Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for sharing your solution.

Joe
    Joe