Thanks
    I'm running IE8 and XP. Everything works fine until I try to visit Twitter. The Twitter page partially loads, but all I see are some of the controls at the top of the page. At the bottom I get a triangle with an exclamation point and either/or Done and Error on page. Twitter is totally non-functional -- I can do absolutely nothing with it except close it. This happens every time I try to visit Twitter.

Twitter has worked fine in the past. Also I have had this problem before and it has cured itself. I've tried clearing my cache and it seems to have no effect.

I can visit Twitter with no problem from other computers, or with this computer using Firefox.

Who can help?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Sander View Post
    At the bottom I get a triangle with an exclamation point and either/or Done and Error on page.
    That's a scripting error, which should be explained in more detail if you double-click it. Not that you can fix a site's scripting error, but sometimes it could help...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Lou,

I would suggest that Twitter is not happy with your Internet Explorer security settings as other browsers are working without issue. Please check the following and report back,

Internet Explorer 8 > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet Zone > select "Default level" if not already selected, then close all instances of Internet Explorer and then open it again and attempt to view Twitter.

If you are happy to nuke Internet Explorer settings then there is another option which is more thorough.

Internet Explorer 8 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > "Reset Internet Explorer settings" > Reset... button.