Lounger
    Thanks
    I think it's time to have a separate forum for Chrome and also for Firefox.

But I write this time, probably again, to ask why Google does not include a left side of the screen Bookmarks bar, the way every other browser does. Maybe I have answered my own question in that maybe Google just likes being different and not doing what every other browser does?

In any case, I have installed most every version of Chrome as it becomes available, and then 5 minutes later uninstall it. I have a ton of Firefox bookmarks that are separated into relevant folders and sorted by name within each folder. It's not just that I have gotten used to this easy to use format, but I don't see how I could operate with Chrome as it is. Yes, I have tried on a couple of occasions and didn't uninstall Chrome until after a day of trying

Will Google ever do what I am asking: a left side of the screen toggled (on or off) list of my bookmarks?

Thanks,

Tom.

Thanks
    IE 9 beta also has bookmarks on the right side rather than the left. I wonder if this is the new norm. I gave up on FF a while ago. Just getting old and slow. IE 9 beta and Chrome 9 beta are both much faster and even though both are betas they seem very stable and polished.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    IE 9 beta also has bookmarks on the right side rather than the left. I wonder if this is the new norm. I gave up on FF a while ago. Just getting old and slow. IE 9 beta and Chrome 9 beta are both much faster and even though both are betas they seem very stable and polished.
    If you pin Favorites it gets pinned on the left side of the screen.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Unfortunately, then the favorites are open all the time taking up prime real estate, rather than hiding between uses. The favorites hiding between uses are still on the right. Don't get me wrong, I do not think this is a problem. just takes some getting used to. I was just stating IE 9 was similar to Chrome 9 in this respect.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Lounger
    Thanks
    I was hoping someone would know what Google is saying about this, I mean why have they not at least made it an option? I can't be alone in this?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Unfortunately, then the favorites are open all the time taking up prime real estate, rather than hiding between uses. The favorites hiding between uses are still on the right. Don't get me wrong, I do not think this is a problem. just takes some getting used to. I was just stating IE 9 was similar to Chrome 9 in this respect.
    Yeah, I know. On a desktop machinet that could be an excuse to acquire a larger monitor.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    Yeah, I know. On a desktop machinet that could be an excuse to acquire a larger monitor.

Joe

Unfortunately my main PC is a laptop, 17.4 inch monitor. Although it does have hdmi output, perhaps to my 46 inch HD LCD TV, hmmmm!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSr View Post
    I was hoping someone would know what Google is saying about this, I mean why have they not at least made it an option? I can't be alone in this?
    I have to believe they are making this a change. I have not read anything about reasons or options to change this. Like I said, it's just another change to get accustomed to, oh well such is life. Without change it would soon become very dreary and boring.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted