New Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows Explorer 9 Beta is a pain and causes other program problems as some programs will not recognize beta programs. I have tried to remove this program using the control panel and recent up dates but still have this program and the problems it causes.
    I realize that this program is part of the windows and that presents some problems in its removal. Apparently there are numerous others who have downloaded and installed this 'Beta' program and are having similar problems. And yes I know there are some risks in using beta programs, I just want it gone.
    There is one suggestion that windows 7 might have to be reinstalled that I haven't tried as yet.

Thanks
    Windows IE9 Beta is installed as an update to windows 7. It can be uninstalled, leaving IE8 in place again. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, View Installed Updates. Then scroll down until you find IE9. Select it and then choose uninstall. That should be it. (I suggest, however, that you ensure you have fully backed up your data and system, JUST IN CASE, before you proceed with the uninstall) .
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Peter S,
    I have tried what you suggested, but IE 9 stills shows up even after rebooting. IE9 does not show up in the recent up dates and does not show up in a search. Yet IE9 still is the current explorer when going to tools menu and clicking on about IE.

Thanks
    You might need to search or post on Microsoft's forums. I suspect there are not a lot of "beta users who uninstalled unsuccessfully" reading this board, just due to sample size.

Thanks
    @Richard Berry: Sorry to hear of your lack of success. I must confess, I have not tried the uninstallation myself, but the required steps seem pretty logical based on the location of the IE9 Beta update and the option of uninstalling it provided by Windows.......One wonders what will happen when the final "operational" version of IE 9 is introduced: Will users of the beta be told to uninstall before installing the new version and if so, will chaos follow?(!)
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who responded to this thread. Even Microsoft doesn't have the answer to this it seems. There are thousands who are having all kinds of problems with IE9. It seems that there are many programs that do not work with a 'beta' program for what ever reason.
    As to the Microsoft forms there are several pages requesting help with this and of course many suggestions some have had success others have just compounded their problem. Oh well life is great and this only a minor bump in the road of computing.
    Again thanks for all your offerings, if anything comes up for a solution I'll post it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Richard.

My way of uninstalling any app is via Regedit. First, remove it in Control Panel -> Programmes & Features.

Then tread lightly and be CAREFUL, regedit is not for those weak of heart. Do an Alt Edit -> Find Internet Explorer. Long and tedious process, let me emphasize that you should play darn good attention on the lines that you Delete. I have gone this route to delete Norton in all my machines, there were at least 100 lines to remove, same thing with AOL, these seem to capture your machine to their likings. BE CAREFUL !

There is an option to make a copy of your Registry first, study this, so as to restore it should you mess it up. I have not yet done a prior copy and so far all my machines still run. It is a learning curve that is not that frightening.

Be good...........Jean

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Jean,
    Might be worth a try, however, Microsoft is coming out, next Tuesday, with some major updates that include internet explorer. Who knows this might be an answer from the source.
    Again Thanks To All who have offered help.
    Blessings,
    Dick B.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Any updates next week to IE will version 8. The next release of IE9 is scheduled to the the RC (Release Candidate) version in January.

You may want to try the free version of Revo Uninstaller. Others have used it to uninstall some particulalry stubborn programs.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I must say that I uninstalled IE 9 Beta from Win7 32 bits, just as described in this thread and had no issues. After the reboot, IE 9 was gone.

Have you made sure it's gone from Control Panel?
    Rui
    -------
    R4