New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know if I am in the right place and this is my first post here.

I recently built my son a new PC. It has the following
    ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS GeForce 7025 Socket
    AMD Phenom X4 9750 2.4Ghz 4MB OEM
    2 x Crucial 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
    Asus video card EAH5670 1Gb

The PC runs great and plays all his games at high settings, except for Call of Duty Black Opps. The game plays fine if I put in his old video card which is a sparkle card, but if freezes on startup with Asus card. I contacted Asus for help and followed all their suggestions. So far nothing.

I have all the latest drivers for everything and no joy.

Anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? Thanks.

Thanks
    The only things I can think of are:
    1 Ensure you have the correct version of Direct X installed. Some games & cards are extremely picky.
    2 Downgrade the settings for Call of Duty Black Opps to bare minimum and then gradually increase them.
    3 Ensure the driver, or some component of it has not become corrupt; completely remove it, as in Fred Langa's latest column and reinstall.
    4 Bad software mal-interaction somewhere in your operating system & programs. Remove/reinstall the game and or clean install the os.
    5 Faulty graphics card that needs to be RMA'd or returned to vendor.
    6 Ensure the game is fully compatible with your specific Windows operating system, especially 64 bit.

Performance can vary with different cards and some games will perform better or worse, but I have not heard of an instance where one higher, or mid end card can't play a popular game at least at some performance level at all.

ICU here
    Continue to query Asus on this topic.

Swap the Asus card with another computer and retry the game on it.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.