New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a Dual-Boot netbook running Windows Vista on the primary partition and Windows XP (SP3) on the D: drive partition. (Vista files are not accessible from Windows XP ref: System Restore retention in Vista ).
    My question is .... I wish to remove the Vista partition and the Dual-Boot process in order to retain XP as the single bootable operating system ....
    What is the best way to acheive this ?, as tinkering with Partition sizes in the past has been fraught with problems when re-booting the system.
    Many thanks.

Thanks
    Hi Stuart,

Check out this article for a step by step method to remove Vista from your dual boot setup with XP.

This Techarena forum interchange provides the same steps, but it might be a bit easier to follow.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can also use EasyBCD to remove the Vista entry from the bootloader menu, and also write the XP bootloader to the MBR.

Vista is essentially gone then, after verifying that it works, you can format the Vista partition or do any further partitioning adjustments needed/desired.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Thanks for the info .... I will give it a try after the Christmas festivities