New Lounger
    Thanks
    My computer just died and i bought a new laptop I want to insall my Office XP Pro Suite version(2002) to my new windows home premium 7 64 bit version operating system can it be done Microsoft says I should upgrade what do you think? I really cant afford to upgrade.

Thanks
    According to Microsoft Answers Office XP (2002) will work with Win 7. Yhere is a compatibility issue with Outlook, but the remainder of the Office Suite should work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used the same version of Office XP Pro with XP, 32-bit Vista, and 64-bit Win 7. Other than having to install some additional files after the initial install, it has run fine. I don't use Outlook, however. I haven't found the need to upgrade.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Which version of 64-bit Win 7 do you have? I'm buying a new laptop, and a sales rep claimed that the only way to have Office XP work is to get Windows 7 Professional, run it in XP mode, and then install Office XP. (He says that this is what they were told at a Microsoft training session). However, you seem to imply that you were just able to install it directly, so I wondered whether you're running Home Premium, or Professional. I have no real need for the Professional edition, and would prefer to save the money, unless it's the only way to keep Office XP. (I don't use Outlook, either, so don't care if there are issues with that).
    Thanks!

Thanks
    According to MS article that I referenced in post #2 it will work in all versions of Win 7.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your quick reply! (Interestingly, I phoned a sales rep for a second computer manufacturer, and I was given the same answer: that I'd need Windows Professional, run it in XP mode, etc.). However, it's what happens in the 'real world' that matters, and you've convinced me. Thanks again.