New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello all,

I don't know whether location has anything to do with this problem, but the same happened to me (suffering intermittent network connections) on 7 December. I live in the Netherlands.
    First I tried to find anything amiss with Win7 Network, but I have only been working with that for a month or so, (I am an XP fan) and I could not find anything.
    Then I tried resetting the router, but when I had done that, I had to give an ID + password.
    Since I had installed the router in the beginning of 2007, and never had any problems, I could not remember what I possibly had used at that time. I have extensive notes, but not about that. Leaving blanks (which I sometimes do) did not help, nor did any combination I might have used (including my original ISP identity & password).
    The PC-store then advised me to buy a new router since WIN7 might have conflicts with the old one, and I would be able to choose a new ID+password.
    This proved not to be the case. I am still stuck on the ID + password issue and now have to leave out the router and switch the cable from the modem from PC to laptop to Net Top, depending on what I want to work on.
    Neither the Asus helpdesk nor the one from my internet service provider had anything useful to contribute...

Hope someone has ideas...
    Thanks,
    Hedwich

Thanks
    Hi Hedwich, and welcome to the Lounge!

Normally, there is a back to factory defaults reset built into routers. Check your router manual or go to your router manufacturer's support site to check the method specific to your router. Once factory defaults are restored, the username and password are easily identified, usually in the router's manual. These two vary from one brand to another. I have a Linksys, and (working from memory here ), but I believe the default username is Admin and the password is Linksys.

This eHow article shows how to reset most routers to default settings.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, it helped. For Sitecom it is admin and admin!