2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Has anyone heard of losing Outlook Calendar content when activating the MobileMe account with the iPhone 4 (all the data was lost)? Unfortunately, I don't have a backup. Where did the Calendar content go? Is there a way to recover it?

Thanks, as always, for your help.
    Thanks,
    Caroline in lala-land

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cshepard View Post
    Has anyone heard of losing Outlook Calendar content when activating the MobileMe account with the iPhone 4 (all the data was lost)? Unfortunately, I don't have a backup. Where did the Calendar content go? Is there a way to recover it?
    I haven't heard of that here in the Lounge, but there might be something in Apple's forums.

Is everything gone, or just (!!) everything in the past? Some sync tools will archive older appointments.

Anything in your Deleted Items folder that you could drag back to the Calendar? (Hopefully your Deleted Items folder does not automatically empty itself.)

Oh, and you should make backups!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had the same problem and am unable to get any help. Can you tell me if I do a system restore on my computer if that will put everything back the way it was? Or, does system restore not restore the .pst file?

Can I fix this back to the way it was by deleting my .pst file and restoring my .pst file from a backup copy I have? I use Carbonite to do backups so I have backup files. When Carbonite restores a .pst file they name with a change to the file name by adding "filename (restored) 12-16-2010 16.12.pst" Would I just rename that restored file with my original .pst file name (elaine's stuff.pst) and then open Outlook?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ehorsley View Post
    I have had the same problem and am unable to get any help. Can you tell me if I do a system restore on my computer if that will put everything back the way it was? Or, does system restore not restore the .pst file?
    I don't think System Restore backs up Office data files, and probably not even Windows Mail data files.

Quote Originally Posted by ehorsley View Post
    Can I fix this back to the way it was by deleting my .pst file and restoring my .pst file from a backup copy I have? I use Carbonite to do backups so I have backup files. When Carbonite restores a .pst file they name with a change to the file name by adding "filename (restored) 12-16-2010 16.12.pst" Would I just rename that restored file with my original .pst file name (elaine's stuff.pst) and then open Outlook?
    If you copy the backup PST file to a convenient location on your C drive, you can open it as an additional data file and copy the missing parts back into your main file. In Outlook, File > Open > Outlook Data File. If you switch your Navigation Pane to the Folder List view, that's probably easiest.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think it would be easier for me to just use the backup file - I don't have anything important to worry about that has come in in the last few days that I would miss. Mobileme messed up ALL of my contacts by stripping the categories from every contact so I would have to replace all of them. Also, NONE of my calendar items are on my calendar - including all my ones that have recurring dates.

My confusion comes in when I open another data file. I choose to open the one that says backup, but in my folder list, it says "elaine's stuff" just like the the default one that I use as my regular .pst file. I don't get it!? The name of both is Elaine's stuff but the file name's are different. Could you explain that? It sure makes it confusing in the folder list because you don't know which file it is pointing to. Same is true for the archive folders. I have a few of those in the folder list that say archive folder and I never know which one it is. Is there a way to change the name in the folder listing to match the actual name of the file?

Thanks!

Thanks
    The name in the folder list pane defaults to Personal Folders or Archive Folders. If you right-click, choose Properties, then Advanced Properties, you can change that "friendly" name, and also view the actual file name.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sometimes things are so easy and I feel like such an idiot! Thank you for that - the renaming worked just beautifully and I'm now a happy camper. All these years I've been confused by those dang names - such a bozo! I restored my .pst folder, made it my default, and all my contact categories are back and my calendar is back as well. Oh joy! I turned off syncing in mobile me of my Outlook info. I love my iPhone but am very disappointed in Apple and the mobileme app. They really deserve to be smacked for this one. There is no warning about what is about to happen when you sync your calendar and contacts and when you turn it off, it doesn't restore your calendar and contact information back to your Outlook. If anyone happens to be reading this before they sync with mobileme, they need to understand what will happen to their calendar and contacts. MobileMe basically moved everything from my Outlook calendar and created a new calendar in my Outlook folder called "calendar in MobileMe calendars." That calendar doesn't work the same and have the same functions as Outlook. It also stripped all of my categories out of my contacts - so I will not have my xmas cards out in time! (I have 1,000 contacts and about 200 xmas cards to do!)

Anyhow, thank you very much and Happy Holidays to you!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello cshepard,

Yes, even i had the same problem of losing my appointments stored in outlook calendar, they were completely deleted even from deleted items folder. At that point of time my office system admin suggested me to use some outlook recovery software. I just gave a try but it worked and i was able to recover outlook calendar items using the software. Try something like that. It will really help you.

Just search for outlook recovery software, you will get a lot. Download some good software, evaluate using demo version and then use it. This what even i did

Good Luck.