3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and MSE. I just purchased an external hard drive and tried to set up and run Windows Backup. Every time I try to run it, backup fails when MSE detects an exploit called Java/ByteVerify. I allow MSE to clean the computer, which it reports that it does successfully. Then when I try to run Backup again, it fails again for the same reason.

Searching the internet for this problem, I found the recommendation to open Control Panel/Java and click the cache tab to clear the cache. However, I have no cache tab on the Java control panel applet. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Fafner

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi :

Most likely what you are looking for is what the Java Control Panel
    calls "Temporary Internet Files" !? Have you clicked the
    "Delete Files...." button !? I use a FREE program called "ATF
    Cleaner" ( which I do not think is compatible with Win 7 ) to
    "clean" my Java "Cache/Temporary Internet Files" on a
    regular basis ( usually about every 3-4 days ) .
    For the BEST in what counts in Life :

http://www.ctftoronto.com

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. I am sure you are right about the location of the cache emptier.
    Before anyone responded to my initial query, I tried the following and it worked: I uninstalled java. Then I navigated to the cache folders for each user and manually deleted all the contents. I ran backup again and this time it worked. Then I reinstalled the latest version of Java. Everything seems to be working, and my java cache folders are empty at this point. The next time I run backup, if I have a problem I will empty the cache files via the route you specificed, rather than taking the long route like I did. If I have any problems I will post back.
    Thanks.

Fafner