Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm trying to print Xmas labels.
    My sis in law has prepared an xl file with all the data and a Word file with it too. I have tried printing the word file but no joy and I have tried going through the complete label printing process and still no joy - the label data just won't jump into the label template. The printer is fine and works fine on other Word files. Any ideas please
    Whealie

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Are you attempting to run a Mail Merge?
    Can you post a sample of the data and fields?

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Paul
    I'm using mail merge - trying to print onto pre-bought A4 sheets of labels - Avery and /or Viking . When I go through the various prompts and after putting in the appropriate label size, I would expect the file (the xls file my sis in law provided) to 'jump into the label template previously selected - bit it ain't happening. Her file is attached. Please destroy after viewing.
    She has also sent me the labels on a Word doc and this won't print either and I've tried on two seperate machines. When I try to print I get a message saying 'load appropriate paper into manual feeder' - I,ve tried that too. Also - If I go to the printer to delete mall print ops I find nothing there. The printer deals with other word files OK
    Cheers
    W
    [Post edited by Gary Frieder. Reason: Removed attached files that contained personal name and address info.]

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The Word doc already contains the labels, so you don't need to merge them.
    The paper seems to be A4 and should just print on any A4 printer. If the printer asks for paper, put a piece of A4 in the manual feed tray and see if the result matches the labels.

p.s. I'd delete those files from your post.

cheers, Paul

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whealie View Post
    I'm trying to print Xmas labels.
    My sis in law has prepared an xl file with all the data and a Word file with it too. I have tried printing the word file but no joy and I have tried going through the complete label printing process and still no joy - the label data just won't jump into the label template. The printer is fine and works fine on other Word files. Any ideas please
    Whealie

I presume from above that you have a Word document already set up as a sheet of labels. If that is correct, all you need to do is to load a blank sheet of the corresponding label into your printer and print the Word document to it. No Mail Merge function is needed for this.