New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a HP color laserjet 2550L PCL6 connected with a USB to a laptop running Windows XP. On the network, I connected another XP machine to the printer, fine. BUT I cannot connect my Windows 7 64 bit machine to the printer via the network. I have downloaded the latest drivers from HP.

I have both drivers (32 bit and 64 bit) loaded on the Win 64 machine. When I try to connect it says No Driver Found, or the printer driver is not suitable.

I can see the printer on the network, but cannot connect to it with the Win 7 machine (with the netowork \\WinXP\hpcolorL or with IP \\192.168.1.13\hpcolorL).

Thanks,

Al H
    Regards,
    AhhA

Thanks
    You can try adding the printer as a local printer but use the printer's network address as the name of the printer.

Is there some reason that you can't connect the printer directly to the Windows 7 machine and use that as its network location?
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's a way and proper time to add the drivers so it will work but I keep forgetting how. The one I do remember is to install the printer on the Win 7 64-bit system then attach it to the XP system again and when you want to print to it, change the printing port to the network location of the printer (instead of USB1 or whatever it is normally).