3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a pretty hard computer melt-down, and had it wiped and reloaded by a "friend". It came back running, but he
    added a couple of programs that I would never use. One was Office, and I can't remember the other one.
    I decided to uninstall them, and that may have triggered my current problem.
    Shortly after that, while putting many of my files back into the machine, I large white rectangle that took up
    at least 2/3rds of the 19" monitor. I have placed icons over it without trouble, but it covers up the desktop
    picture (Azule) I selected, and is just plain annoying. I have tried restarting the computer.......no change
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of my saved programs..........no change
    Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the monitor itself with it's software...........it was still there.
    I'm at a loss at this point. If you right click anc hit properties, windows ignores the big blob, and
    shows the desktop you select, but does not show the offending while rectangle in the preview,
    but when it comes up, the white square is still there.
    Anybody have any ideas on how to clear this thing? I can live with it if I have to, but I really find it a pain.
    Thanks for past help.

Thanks
    Post an image using Snipping Tool to help understanding of your problem.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    XP? Maybe check Desktop properties>Desktop>Customize Desktop>Web and see if anything there is in effect.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.
    WOW! I finally clicked on everything I could think of, and it runed out to be something connected with
    my photo on the desktop.named "php Thumb" A picture of a Lambroghini with it's doors in the up
    position. Gorgeious. Unfortunately, I decided to delete it to see what would happen, and damned
    if the white rectangle went with it!!
    Thanks to you, we finally got rid of the big white blob. Appreciate it very much.