New Lounger
    Thanks
    The attached PowerPoint has a world map that is already broken up into regional sections. I would like to use the world map as a user interface of an MS Access form so that I can click on each separate region as a command button. Small problem...though the regions have been "cut" along there borders they still overlap as though they were a rectangle Is this possible with the current picture file format. Can the regions be separated along their regional lines and act as command buttons? Coping them onto a form directly doesn't seem to allow for a separate command button option that i am looking for>

Thanks
    Yuri
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Not able to upload my database form with my unsuccessful attempt at pasting the pieces fo the world map onto a form.

Yuri

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    To upload a database, you should compact it first and then ZIP it. However if there is lots of data in it, you will probably exceed the maximum size of an upload.

On your form, your challenge is that you have a layered drawing, and that presents special issues. However, you can create a procedure driven by either a click or a double-click on any image control, and run a VBA procedure. So in theory the capability exists. But overlaying the images may turn out to be pretty tricky. I would be inclined to put a command button that clearly indicated where to click to get a given region.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks. Do you think the image wizards could tailor it?

If not, I'm following on making command buttons for each region. I can attach a cropped picture of each region label onto a command button so the picture stays relatively intact.

Thanks for the help on this one.

Yuri

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It is possible to position an image control pretty precisely, so you may be able with a fair bit of fiddling to recreate the entire image in Access and have it make sense. The principle concern I have is that users might get unexpected results if they click near the edge of one of the smaller images. After mulling it over, If I were you I would give it a try and see how it goes. If it seems to work reasonably well, then you can do whatever development is necessary to achieve the desired end.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,
    Thanks for the advice. I'll play with it.

Unfortunately because of the constraints of powerpoint and the shape of the areas, there might not be a way to overcome the overlap issue. The shapes are actually .png files and are cut according to the area - however because it is in powerpoint they have to overlap in order to put the map all together as one again. I'll see if they react the same way when pasted to an MS Access form.

Yuri

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,
    I ended up placing invisible command buttons over the picture.

That seemed to work best.

Yuri