2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Win 7 Pro - 64bit OS. I installed the Hauppauge 1250 WinTV-HRV card. It has a remote that came with it. For some reason it keeps installing as a 32 bit program rather than 64. That's one problem. I had it working with Windows Media Center. However, since the card was too close to a metal piece on the motherboard, I decided to move it because I was afraid the back of the board might come in contact with the metal and either damage the card, the motherboard, or both. When I restarted my computer, WinTV worked fine with the Hauppauge supplied card. However, Windows Media Center told me there was no card present. So, I first uninstalled WMC, rebooted and then reinstalled it. It still wouldn't work. I downloaded the updates and reinstalled the drivers and WinTV. It still cannot find the card. I uninstalled all Hauppauge programs and reinstalled. WMC still cannot find the card. How can I get WMC to recognize the HDTV card? Your help would be appreciated.

Ray

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ray,

The forums are littered with 'complaints' about TV cards not being recognised.

I've went through this for the last 2 years with my TV card - finally I bought a VideoMate E750 and have had no further problems.

Moving mine in the past caused a loss of one channel which is why I bought the VideoMate.

Bryan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Have you tried using the Control Panel and forcing Windows to look for a new device?

Did you follow the instructions in the Media Center tab at Hauppage - Support for WinTV-HVR-1250?

Joe
    Joe