Thread: Toggle Button

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible to add Toggle Buttons (sliders that will change the date range) to the the attached workbook? ActiveX Toggle Buttons are not active even when I change the ActiveX settings under a Macros Security. I would like to be able to make the chart more interactive and enable the X-axis range to be changed based on slider inputs.

Any help or guidance is always appreciated.
    Amy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyN View Post
    Is it possible to add Toggle Buttons (sliders that will change the date range) to the the attached workbook? ActiveX Toggle Buttons are not active even when I change the ActiveX settings under a Macros Security. I would like to be able to make the chart more interactive and enable the X-axis range to be changed based on slider inputs.

Any help or guidance is always appreciated.
    Amy
    Hi Amy
    I think part of the problem is that the Control you are looking for is called a Scroll Bar.
    But I have a different question, how is the date range you are looking to chart sized?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Catharine,
    My bad. Yes it is scroll bars. I have attached a couple on the new attached workbook. I can't add labels for Start date and end date, but that is essentially what I am trying to do. I would need to somehow INDEX that dates on the Data_Preparation worksheet (C2:C91).

The duration between the start and end date is not constant. It should slide to show what ever desired duration.

The formulas for the INDEX reference for the start date and end date should be something like:

=Data_Preparation!$C$2 + INT((INDEX(Data_Preparation!$C$2:$C$91,COUNT(Data_ Preparation!$C$3:$C$91))-Data_Preparation!$C$2*???/256)

=IF((Data_Preparation!$C$2 + INT((INDEX(Data_Preparation!$C$2:$C$91,COUNT(Data_ Preparation!$C$3:$C$91))-Data_Preparation!$C$2)*???/256))>??,(Data_Preparation!$C$2 + INT((INDEX(Data_Preparation!$C$3:$C$91,COUNT(Data_ Preparation!$C$2:$C$91))-Data_Preparation!$C$2)*??/256)),??)

I don't know if the Data_Preparation worksheet which is set up for the Combo Box can have dual use for the scroll bars (hence my question marks in the above equations).

Please forgive the formula confusion. A friend used something like this on his workbook.

Thanks for the help.

Amy

Thanks
    Hi Amy
    I haven't got the complete solution here (work intervened ). However, I've added a scrollbar that changes the last day in the data range.
    Take a look, and I'll shoot up a fuller version as soon as I'm able. [attachment=90924:Scrolling Chart.xlsx]
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    Here we go - a more complete version. If this is what you are looking for, we can go into the how's and why's.
    Chart(2) allows you to select the Start/End Dates for the Chart
    All Countries gives you checkboxes to pick the countries.[attachment=90925:Scrolling Chart.xlsx]
    WebGenii Home Page