2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I bought a new laptop (pity me!) It came with Win7 pre-installed in a Dutch language version. Much to my surprise (not mentioned in the specs) it also came with Office 2010 pre-installed. Presumably also in the Dutch language. And that's precisely my problem.

I ordered separately an Office 2010 prof version in the English language (for compatibilty issues with previous installation - and let's face it: documentation is easier to get by if you don't have to translate all these ugly function names in excel for instance)

What should I do to install the English version?

1. Remove the pre-installed office an install the english one?
    2. Or Accept the prompt when I start the pre-installed version and supply the product key that came with the English version?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    The dutch version likely includes only the dutch interface, so I think your best option is to remove it and install the english version. It's not the key that determines what languages are available. Actually, the same key can be used with different language office versions.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    The best option would be to use an uninstaller such as Revo Uninstller, either the free version or the trial Pro version, then uninstall the preloaded Office 2010, then install the English version of Office 2010. The free version of Revo Uninstaller only works to uninstall 32 Bit apps, but I would suspect your pre loaded version is the 32 Bit version.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy