New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there an app that will allow me control the order and timing of applications to start while loading windows? I'm running Win 7 64bit with quad core I7 processor and 6GB memory. I'd like to improve the time it takes windows to startup... Appreciate any tips from lounge members.
    Thanks!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Soluto was supposed to help with that. Can't say I was very impressed with it, but I tested it very early on and maybe it has improved since.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use AutoRuns from sysinternals to manage the apps that run at startup time. Seems like every program I install insists on adding something to the Notification Area. So I periodically run autoruns and disable the stuff I don't care about (which at this time is about 90% of the stuff that wants to run).

Other than that, you might be able to disable some of the services or for ones that use Automatic startup, set them to "Automatic (Delayed Start)".

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Check out StartUp Delayer. The web page coes not say it is comaptible with Windows 7 but with Vista. So, it should work. If it does not you can contact the author on the support page of the web site and see when the next version will be available.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For HDD not SSD
    I am also on a quad core I920 w 6gb ram and this worked for me to speed up reboot time from from 70 to about 29. My boot time only improved about 4 seconds but with this dell It spends about 20 seconds through bios and not much I can do there.
    http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1402...-or-windows-7/

EDIT: I will say now that someone that done an upgrade had trouble with this and they had image to fall back.

[attachment=90926:70-29.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images