New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I'm a bit lost with this and hoping someone can help.

I have a Sitecom 300n XR USB wireless adapter. When I first plugged it in, it installed without a problem and was showing a max speed of 150mbps. It worked fine like this on any of the 4 machines I have at home. A few days ago I noticed that the connection was slower than normal, I checked the speed and it is now showing 65mbps. (nic card - status)

I plugged it into my laptop and other machines and it is showing the same slower speed on all of them?

The machine I use it most on is running Win XP Home, SP3 - All available updates installed. I have a 120 meg download broadband cable connection and a Linksys WRT160N broadband router. Security is WPA2-PSK and I get approx 90 - 95% strength indication shown.

I do realize that I can't get the full speed that my connection allows as the router is limited to 100 mbps.

I just can't understand why the adapter changed from 150 to 65 without any changes to any settings. The fact that it is self installing means that I have no idea how to upgrade or check the driver?

Apologies if I have given too much system info etc, just wanted to ensure that anyone that may be able to help would have as much detail as possible.

Thanks,

Hugh.

Thanks
    There's no date on the update driver for your device on the web site.Never the less their is an update;Sitecom I understand it's a plug-n-play situation products such as your's as well as many others update drivers often.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks...I tried updating the driver from device manager but? Just makes no sense to have a max speed of 65mbps on this device.

Hugh