New Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows Secrets Newsletter Issue 269
    Fred Langa wrote:
    "► Create a system repair disc right away: When you're starting out with a new OS or a new PC, things sometimes go awry. That's why it's always smart to make an emergency boot disk before you do anything else.
    ..."
    All very useful.
    But I'd like to know one more thing.
    How often should one replace the repair CD with an update, not so much for fear that the CD might suffer damage, but to keep track of changes to Win7 itself?

In other words, do patches, changes, changed settings in Win7 get included to any extent in the repair CD?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS got it right on that System Image it does work
    Thats a good thing to do if you have no other image software and also can be reached by tapping F8 and choose the Repair your Computer.
    Maybe once a month depending on how much your system changes by install uninstall a lot of software. Or do you want to keep the sparkly clean image from first time.
    I backup my important files to an external usb drive weekly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dyson 2 View Post
    In Windows Secrets Newsletter Issue 269
    Fred Langa wrote:
    "► Create a system repair disc right away: When you're starting out with a new OS or a new PC, things sometimes go awry. That's why it's always smart to make an emergency boot disk before you do anything else.
    ..."
    All very useful.
    But I'd like to know one more thing.
    How often should one replace the repair CD with an update, not so much for fear that the CD might suffer damage, but to keep track of changes to Win7 itself?

In other words, do patches, changes, changed settings in Win7 get included to any extent in the repair CD?
    No
    I wouldn't update it unless specifically requested to do so from MS due to some issue that affects the boot disk functionality specifically.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.