2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2007, is there a way to select a text highlight color so each time I want to use the tool I don't have to click onthe Highlight text tool button on the ribbon AND select a color?
    I know i Word 2003 once I selected a color, all I had to do was click the Highlight text button and it used the color I last selected.
    Thanks for any help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I just tested this here using Word 2007, and it works the same as it did in earlier versions - that is, the highlight color you choose gets remembered, even if you quit and relaunch Word.

In your case, can you narrow down when the setting is changing away from what you had last used - that is, does this only happen when you quit and relaunch Word, or when you close and reopen a document, or does it not stick even while working in the same, open document?

Gary

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Garry, We have a customized Ribbon and what I just realized is the Highlight button wasn't created correctly. Rather than being in 2 parts, one to turn on Highlighting and the second part to select a color, the button we have is always going to select color. Thanks for your help!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Interesting - hope you can get that fixed.

Gary