Thread: Rundll32.dll

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rundll32.dll

If I try to add or remove Windows components by going to Settings/Control Panel/Add,remove programs/WindowsSetup I get into problems. I get an error message from Rundll32.dll that says an error has occurred in the program. Clicking ignore does nothing and clicking close brings up a further message that rundll32.dll has made an illegal action and will be closed down.

The Windows setup window now shows no entries at all and I have to reboot the computer.

Any suggestions?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rundll32.dll

Phil sounds to me like you have a corrupt file. Try going to Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information. From the Tools Menu, click on System File Checker, then the Extract Option. Type in rundll32.exe and click start. You will need the Windows cd if the files haven't already been copied to the harddisk. All going well it will restore a clean copy of that file.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rundll32.dll

I tried this (twice) but it made no difference. I then decided to try adding and deleting components one at a time. I successfully removed Desktop Themes with no problems, but when I tried to add Greek Multilanguage Support the Copying Files window stopped at Destination C:WindowsFontsTahoma.ttf., and I got the same error messages as before.

Does this mean anything to you?