Lounger
    Thanks
    Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

When I do a Google search in Firefox, the results list now has a magnifying glass beside each hit. If you hover over the item, a preview of the page appears on the right, like this:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [attachment=90939:untitled3.jpg]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find this madly irritating and want to turn it off, but I can't work out how. I don't even know if it's a Google feature (it's not in the preferences page), Firefox, or a Firefox Add-on.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    They copied it from Bing, but curiously I only see it in Firefox. I don't know whether you can turn it off. The links for Search Settings (upper right) and Show Search Tools (left sidebar) don't seem to mention it. Where else to look? (I don't use the Google toolbar, and I'm not logged in.)

Edit: I found something on Google support: HOW DO I TURN OFF THIS STUPID SEARCH PREVIEW FEATURE?!?! - Web Search Help - keyword "instant previews"

(Actually, the Bing popup isn't a snapshot, it's some other info.)

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    ...I found something on Google support: HOW DO I TURN OFF THIS STUPID SEARCH PREVIEW FEATURE?!?! - Web Search Help - keyword "instant previews"
    Wow, what strong reactions. And I thought I was upset!

Thanks for your help