New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    Got a bit of a problem.After changing the boot priority inBIOS My system won't boot from my C partiction without a bootable CD in the burner.
    System is XP PRO SP3, 3 HD's an older 200 Gig partioned into a 75 gig C boot and a 110 gig E, a 1 TB almost empty D and a 1.5 TB F half full of Data. a GIGABYTE ga-m61p-s3 mobo with AMD BE02400 CPU, 4 gigs of PC6400 ram. Samsung lightscribe SATA burner G Turtle beach Sound card

If I have no CD in the burner I get a "Boot from CD" then instead of going to the next device (my C partition) I get a "NTNBR is missing" error message. If I have a bootable utility CD in I get the same before the error message but instead a "press any key to boot from CD ... and if I don't press a key then she boots properly. If I boot that utility CD and Initialize all NTFS drives with it and reboot after taking out the CD she boots fine. I'm wondering if its my BIOS, my burner or that older 200 gig possibly failing? If its the Drive then I would repartition the 1 TB with a small 50-75 gig C and get rid of the old one. Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Langa Letter: XP's Little-Known 'Rebuild' Command
    AND/OR
    NTLDR is Missing, by Computer Hope

Windows XP users

Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
    When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
    Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
    Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.
    You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
    Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter, which in this case is "e." This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
    copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Why not put the CD after the hard drive in the BIOS boot order?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just checked my C drive. Both NTLDR and NTdetect.com are in root. I'm thinking it's a problem with my BIOS or my CD not going to my next device when I don't have a bootable CD in the burner. If I have a bootable in the drive it waits for input and THEN boots from C properly.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've always used a boot from CD first so I can take care of problems with a utility CD without using a boot menu. Seemed easier