New Lounger
    Thanks
    Lost the ability to play PBS videos after Microsoft Updates (? not sure which one). When you click play, everything normal. video loading swirl appears...and then nothing! Prior to updates videos played.

I use Secunia to check for software updates. Fully updated. I am getting to despise Adobe with all their flaws and updates...Java not much better and both don't uninstall worth a junk to install new versions.

Is Microsoft breaking or bloating Windows XP to force switch to windows 7?

James Hartsock, Santa Barbara CA

Windows XP Professional sp3, Pentium 4, 3.40GHz, Step 10, 64-bit, MB Intel D915GEV, RAM 4.00 GB (2.87 usable), WDC , 1TB, 7200rpm, SATA, 3.0GB/s, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512MB (EVGA), Creative Audigy, Creative speakers 2:1. Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Automatic Update on, Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, Silverlight, Windows Live Essentials, Office Ultimate 2007, Office Visio Pro 2007, Office Live Add-In, Zune, iTunes, Foxit Reader, Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX, Java, CCleaner.
    James, Santa Barbara CA

Windows XP Professional sp3
    Pentium 4, 3.40GHz, Step 10, 64-bit, 4.00 GB (2.87), WDC , 1TB, 7200rpm, SATA, 3.0GB/s, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512MB (EVGA),
    MS Security Essentials 2.0, WAU on, Secunia PSI, Google Chrome, IE8, MS Silverlight, Windows Live Essentials, MS Office Ultimate 2007, MS Office Visio Pro 2007, MS Office Live Add-In, Zune, iTunes, Foxit Reader, Adobe Flash Player, Java, CCleaner, Registry Crawler

Thanks
    Give us a link to the video so that others can try it.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    No, they are not breaking or bloating XP...they're starving it! Live Essentials 2011 is incompatible, IExplorer 9 is incompatible, DirectX long since frozen, other programs like Sync, which is being rolled into Mesh, is just going away, etc., etc. Mircrosoft has lain siege to the Castle of XP! No one gets in or out until they're all dead! Except for we sewer rats that is.

Is there some "presence" online that an update was causing soemthing like this? If not, more likely that CCleaner removed sometihng that it thought was unimportant and while it is for the most part...something needed that something; unless you haven't used it for a long time or only to remove something very specific and it couldn't possibly be the cause. I used it for a while but my spidey sense became uncomfortable with non-specific use. It might be very mild open-heart surgery but, its still open-heart surgery. I have more than a half dozen XP systems here and no problems reportable thru and thru but I would also be happy to take a crack at whatever your's is choking on and see if mine get caught in the headlights as well.