2 Star Lounger
    North Carolina USA in winter, Maine in summer
    Thanks
    I have been able to use TI 2010 successfullly in the past but now when I try to do a (full) backup it will start and then a dialog box pops up saying "I/O error". There is no further info available that I can find and I have tried everything I know to get past this. In my view, trying to get support from Acronis these days is next thing to an impossible dream unless you choose to use their fee-based support, which I DO NOT. Seems like with every new release that situation gets worse. I can't even seem to find the "Chat" function under Support which I have used in the past.

I am attempting to back up the C: drive on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 Win 7 computer (8GB RAM and 1TB HDD) to a WD MyBook 3.0 external USB drive. There is approx. 280GB of the drive space used on the C: drive.

A possible clue to the underlying problem is that when I attempt to use the native Win 7 backup I encounter a similar problem. The system image backup starts and then a message comes up saying "Cannot find the specified file: 0x8007002".

Any help would be much appreciated!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Both backup apps failing would indicate something wrong with the disk, I'd say.

A quick search over Acronis knowledge base suggests setting the disk write speed to 80% or less. You can do that if you click the Backup options, at the bottom left of the backup wizard window.
    Maybe try that and see if it works.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMainer View Post
    I have been able to use TI 2010 successfullly in the past but now when I try to do a (full) backup it will start and then a dialog box pops up saying "I/O error". There is no further info available that I can find and I have tried everything I know to get past this. In my view, trying to get support from Acronis these days is next thing to an impossible dream unless you choose to use their fee-based support, which I DO NOT. Seems like with every new release that situation gets worse. I can't even seem to find the "Chat" function under Support which I have used in the past.

I am attempting to back up the C: drive on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 Win 7 computer (8GB RAM and 1TB HDD) to a WD MyBook 3.0 external USB drive. There is approx. 280GB of the drive space used on the C: drive.

A possible clue to the underlying problem is that when I attempt to use the native Win 7 backup I encounter a similar problem. The system image backup starts and then a message comes up saying "Cannot find the specified file: 0x8007002".

Any help would be much appreciated!
    You have joined the ranks of users who have not read the user manual from Acronis, instead relying on others to help.
    If you power on your ext hdd, open Acronis then select 'One Click Backup' it should work, if not post back.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!