3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Has anyone dismantled a flat panel monitor in order to clean the surface behind the plastic face panel? There appears to be a hair on the back side of the clear plastic panel. The monitor is 3 or 4 years old and this has suddenly appeared. If so can you give a little guidance.

I'm not afraid to take things apart but other than this minor annoyance the monitor is still in great condition. I'd hate to muck it up........plus it's my wife's and I'd never hear the end of it

Thanks,
    BH

Thanks
    If you've never taken one apart before, as I haven't, then there is a very good chance that mucking it up is what will likely happen.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I never heard of that happening before.
    It may be a screen defect that looks like a hair....

Try your wifes Nair.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdavis View Post
    I'm not afraid to take things apart but other than this minor annoyance the monitor is still in great condition. I'd hate to muck it up........plus it's my wife's and I'd never hear the end of it

Thanks,
    BH
    Personally, I would leave it alone, if it is only a minor annoyance, then I would think that might be the least of your future worries...

My 0.02 worth.

Cheers,

Ron M

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhdavis View Post
    Has anyone dismantled a flat panel monitor in order to clean the surface behind the plastic face panel? There appears to be a hair on the back side of the clear plastic panel. The monitor is 3 or 4 years old and this has suddenly appeared. If so can you give a little guidance.

BH,
    Hello... I can't help but join in ..reminds me of the quote ...."Only two kinds of people repair watches.... Fools and Jewelers" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)