New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there any way to insert background music into Windows Live Mail? I found some information online, but all states that one goes to "Format" to do that (like one could do in Outlook Express). I can not find "Format" in Windows Live Mail. Also, when I forward a message that has been sent to me that does have background music, the music is sent with my mail as an attachment. Thus, the reason I suspect there is no way to do this with Windows Live Mail. To clarify, by "insert background music," I mean an email with background music that will begin playing the music as soon as the email is opened by the recipient. I am trying to like WLM, but if this feature has been removed, I will like it much less.

I performed a search (in the Lounge) for an answer to my question, but did not find anything.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thanks
    sorry,
    it cannot be done natively in Windows Live Mail at this time, at least not to any degree that one would call simple.
    Have you tried doing Power Point?
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Hi Ruth, it can be done easily, ensure cursor is in message box then do as image.

[attachment=90973:Untitled.jpg]
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    That doesn't look like Windows Live Mail to me. What version are you running? Windows Mail?
    Certainly not Windows Live Mail 2011 version.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    That doesn't look like Windows Live Mail to me. What version are you running? Windows Mail?
    Certainly not Windows Live Mail 2011 version.
    The good version.

[attachment=90974:Capture.JPG]
    I.tried the new 2011 version and is very non user friendly, so it's updates are hidden till I'm forced to change. As to mail security I'm using Avast 5.0

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much, Clint and Roderunner, for the information each provided. Unfortunately, I do have WLM 2011, and I don’t have enough ‘computer savvy’ to hide updates, etc. Also, I saw some information, elsewhere, that the older versions of WLM are very difficult, maybe impossible, to find now.

As suspected, I won’t be able to send any Christmas music with my Christmas greeting this year – unless I add the music as an attachment. Therefore, as my grandchildren would say, “Bummer!”

I wonder why this feature was stripped from the latest version of WLM - but no use to fret over that now. I may have to find another email program, and I agree with you Roderunner, the 2011 version is NOT user friendly.

Clint, I have PowerPoint, but I don't know much about it, either, and I don’t have time to learn how to create a slideshow, etc. before Christmas. But, thanks for this suggestion.

Thanks again to both of you for taking time to assist me. I appreciate this very much.

Thanks
    Try this link for a full offline installer
    or this link for the WLE 2009
    DRIVE IMAGING

Latest Build:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Williams View Post
    Thank you very much, Clint and Roderunner, for the information each provided. Unfortunately, I do have WLM 2011, and I don't have enough 'computer savvy' to hide updates, etc. Also, I saw some information, elsewhere, that the older versions of WLM are very difficult, maybe impossible, to find now.

As suspected, I won't be able to send any Christmas music with my Christmas greeting this year – unless I add the music as an attachment. Therefore, as my grandchildren would say, "Bummer!"

I wonder why this feature was stripped from the latest version of WLM - but no use to fret over that now. I may have to find another email program, and I agree with you Roderunner, the 2011 version is NOT user friendly.

Clint, I have PowerPoint, but I don't know much about it, either, and I don't have time to learn how to create a slideshow, etc. before Christmas. But, thanks for this suggestion.

Thanks again to both of you for taking time to assist me. I appreciate this very much.
    Ruth, if you can, completely remove 2011 WLM using CCleaner (tools menu) then use registry cleaner (clean all, it's safe to use) then use the cleaner function. reboot.
    CCLeaner

WLM 2009

[attachment=90982:Capture.PNG]