New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a document with a number of sections, all with different headers and a few different footers (for the purposes of this thread, I am not interested in footers but might be in another document). If I want to do anything with the document in html or xml formats, then the header information is lost and I can understand that as there are no "pages" within the html document. Is there some way I can convert or save the document so that the information that was in the header is retained, but as a part of the page leaving all headers blank.

I don't need the sections retained as long as each page has got what was in the header at the top and I don't need the formatting of header, just the information.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDL View Post
    I have a document with a number of sections, all with different headers and a few different footers (for the purposes of this thread, I am not interested in footers but might be in another document). If I want to do anything with the document in html or xml formats, then the header information is lost and I can understand that as there are no "pages" within the html document. Is there some way I can convert or save the document so that the information that was in the header is retained, but as a part of the page leaving all headers blank.
    Using cut and paste (from the header to the beginning of the applicable section) seems best. If you have to do it regularly, it could be automated with a macro.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you know which pages you need the Header information to be retained, then I would edit the docx before conversion the HTML by going through and copy/past the Header where you need it to be retained. So effectively, some pages will seem to have two duplicate headers.

Then convert the document to HTML. Of course, if it is a big document, it may still be a pain!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    An internet search will give you applications that create HTML files from Word documents, seemingly retaining the Word headers and footer in the process. One such application is:

http://www.docconverters.com/doc-to-...erter-tool.htm

This may be free - it's hard to tell! I haven't tried (or downloaded) this.