Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Once again I am being "helped" by word. When I insert a row in a table it does so, but if I move the cursor out of the row, it collapses to zero height. As I move the cursor down to that invisible row, it perks up again, and I can use it.

But I want the row blank. And I want it where I want it. I am reduced to putting a non-breaking space into the row.

There must be a way to be sure that the row stays put. And, yes I suppose I could set the table up so the rows have a minumum height, but there must be a way to make that the default condition.

(Side question: Is there ANYTHING new in 2007 that is useable? All the ribbon did was make it difficult to find all my old commands. And we will not be getting anything newer for years to come. Not totally bad; we still haven't left XP).
    [I have been here for years; I had to get things restarted]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The only possible reason that is happening is due to the combination of settings: the cell margins are set to zero and the table's default font must be set to 1 point and/or the paragraph line spacing is set to 1 point.

If you make the default paragraph Line Spacing to 1 line and/or the default font to 10 points or whatever, the rows cannot collapse.

If you are not seeing that, it suggests a corrupt table or corrupt document. Would you like to upload a sample document for us to look at?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD1 View Post
    When I insert a row in a table it does so, but if I move the cursor out of the row, it collapses to zero height. As I move the cursor down to that invisible row, it perks up again, and I can use it.
    That does not sound like the default behavior. I took a quick look at Office button > Word Options > Advanced > Compatibility and didn't see a checkbox for this, but it reminds me of HTML rendering rules.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    NOW it is not doing it. Stay tuned; I will post something when I can reproduce the effect.

Apparently I corrected something, but I have no idea what I did, as I don't think I modified any settings. At least I have some things to check when it occurs again.
    [I have been here for years; I had to get things restarted]