Lounger
    Thanks
    Hope this is in the right forum.

I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 530. I attached a 2nd monitor so I could watch videos or on-line TV shows on one monitor while doing computer stuff on the other screen.

I select full screen on the video and that's fine, but the second that I click on anything on the other monitor, the full-screen immediately shrinks back to the original size. (Doesn't matter which monitor I'm using for the video -- the same thing happens with either one.)

Is there a setting that I can change? Or is this just the way it works?

Thanks for any info.

Regards, Connie

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There should not be a problem with full screen video on one screen and working on the other. Things that might affect that though are how are the two monitors hooked up? Is it to one double port video card or some other way. Second, is what is playing the video, is it a stand alone player or a browser window with flash or silverlight running? Third is what monitor management software are you using? Is it either NVIDIA Control Panel or the ATI/AMD Catalyst Control Center?

If you don't have a traditional setup using a stand alone player with good management software, perhaps something like Display Fusion ( http://download.cnet.com/DisplayFusi...ml?tag=mncol;2 ) could help iron out the bugs. Also try using a different browser than the one on the display screen if that's what is being used, though if its flash in a browser that's full screen, clicking anywhere else may kick it out of full screen. It is difficult to be more exact without knowing the particulars of the setup.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Just wanted to finish this thread. I got into the monitor management software (which is NVIDIA Control Panel) and I managed to mess up my setup terribly. Took me quite a while and it's still not QUITE back to the way it was, but it's usable again. And with all the mucking around I did, I was never able to stop the video from dropping out of full-screen on one monitor. Not going to touch it again!!