Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine. I have an email account with my ISP and that is the account which I run on outlook. I also have a Gmail account and would like to be able to access it from Outlook. Is there a way for me to send and receive messages for both my ISP and Gmail accounts using Outlook?

Llyn

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Sure there is.
    The first thing to do is to configure your gmail account to allow Outlook to access it and then configure Outlook to use it.

Gmail explains it rather well: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=86373.

Have a look and post here if you have any doubts.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Lounger
    Thanks
    Those instructions look very detailed and straight-forward to follow. However, they don't answer my basic question: if I set Contact up to service my Gmail account, will I still be able to also send and receive emails from Contact for my ISP email account? Can I have both email accounts loaded into Contact and use them interchangeably?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by llynrice View Post
    Can I have both email accounts loaded into Contact and use them interchangeably?
    By Contact I assume you mean Outlook.

Yes, multiple accounts can coexist side-by-side in one Outlook profile (a profile contains one or more accounts and data files). Accounts that you set up as POP3 accounts can share the same set of mail folders (combined Inbox), while each account you set up as an IMAP account must have its own set of folders (separate Inbox) (because the local IMAP folders in Outlook are a mirror of what is on the server). When you send mail, you can choose the account from which the message will go out.

Administrator
    Thanks
    I am not sure I totally understand what you mean by "set Contact up". Outlook can work with multiple email accounts. You can choose which one will be the default account and, by default, email will be sent through that one. When creating a new email message, if you don't specify the account to use, Outlook will use the default one, but you have the option to specify the other account and then that is the one that will be used to send the message.
    For received emails, Outlook knows which account was used to receive them, so when you reply, the replies will be automatically sent through the correct account. Of course, you can change that too, if you want, like you can when sending a new message.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Llyn,

Just use the account selection button as shown below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Lounger
    Thanks
    Aha! It worked. With all of your replies in hand, I waded into the project using the web site Rui recommended and found the process quite simple once I got going. Thanks to all of you for your help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Glad it all worked out well .
    Rui
    -------
    R4