Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a new Dell XPS Studio 8100 1TB hdd, 8GB RAM Runs beautifully. I also have VOIP from the cable company. I have noticed that the pc goes to "Sleep" sometimes all the way to where the power button won't wake it up and the phones go dead because of the modem going to sleep as well. I have changed all power profiles to Never turn off, except the monitor, that shuts down after 2 hours. Still I can't figure out why it won't stay on enough to run the modem and why I have to shut my APC UPS off and turn it back on to get everything running again. Could the UPS be "dying" maybe losing charge or something? I am at al a loss I tried changing all the power save settings, changing the profiles, edithing them and all. Still no solution. ANy help will be appreciateed.

Joel

Thanks
    Attempt to restore all power plan settings and start over. Use the elevated command prompt and ensure administrative privilege.

Restore all default power plan settings:
    Open an elevated Command Prompt, type "powercfg –restoredefaultschemes" and hit the ente key. (copy & paste without the quotes)

Windows 7 - Power Plans - Export and Import
    Troubleshooting plans in Windows 7

Also take note of your network adapter settings in devicemanager:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Clint, I will give that a try as soon as I get home. Thing is though, the network card is not allowed ot put it to sleep, and on ocassion the power button WILL "wake it up" it is an intermittent thing now, but I will try your fix, and then go back and reset the defaults to "never turn off" on the HDD. I will let you know. Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all, turns out that my UPS was VERY long in the tooth, over ten years in fact. Replaced it with a new 10 outlet APC brand UPS and problem solved! Thanks again!

Thanks
    Good work, thanks for posting back.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    There's a useful 'bodge' program called Caffeine (40kB) which can assist in vaguely similar circumstances, whose sole function is to simulate a keystroke press every 59 seconds to prevent a machine going to sleep - until you can work out what the real reason was for the sleepiness...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...