2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

adding buttons (VB6)

I recently imported a form and some modules over from Excel and have the following problem

The form I imported automatically went into the DESIGNERS folder rather then the forms folder. With this I cannot add buttons to my form. I get the the following error

"The control cannot be used with form designers"

What is that supposed to mean. How do I get it so I can add buttons to this form? I have no idea...please help

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: adding buttons (VB6)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=vb&Number=67308&page=5&view =collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=>Here</A> is a thread that will provide a little help. If your form has an existing button, can you copy and paste the existing button and get it to work? I'll do some more research. --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: adding buttons (VB6)

Well, there is not much info on the web: it's all just about like <A target="_blank" HREF=http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=c80493841418425c&seekm=OWXIYNZP#GA .204@uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net&frame=off>this </A>. I was able to export an Excel Userform and then bring it into VB6 and add a button, but like the link above says, you have to use the Forms (VBA) toolbox, which usually gets hidden behind other modules. I had to close all but the Userform before I could see it. I added a button from this toolbox, changed the startup object, and it ran fine.. Hope this helps! --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>