2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's another puzzler for us. We've not found a solution for this one. We have one user whose new messages or replies always arrive with the appearance of being empty. The person receiving the message can see the body of the text in the notify box that flash briefly. The receiving individual also sees the message if they click forward or reply. This anomaly happens when she is sending out of our network as well. We are considering that it might be a user profile issue, but before going there I wanted to issue a query here. This is not a system wide problem, this person is the only one who appears to have it. Appreciate any help you can give us.
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    What version of Outlook? What service pack level?

What operating system? What service pack level?

Both Outlook & the OS up-to-date with patches?

Any new hardware or software recently?

Have you tried a System Restore to a time when it was working correctly?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Are you sure this user has not set their reading/plain text font to be white in color? Therefore white on white.
    When displaying such a message, if you select text does it become visible when highlighted?

Jock

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, I'll try to answer all your questions. Sorry I didn't include the Outlook version. The initiating person has Outlook 2007, and it doesn't matter what version the receiving person has, they are all blank, though we've seen in on 2007 and 2010. All patches have been applied to all systems. We push patches through SCCM and all Office patches have been pushed. We have not tried to restore to a time before the problem started occurring. We do know, and I failed to mention this, that the problem started immediately after we moved the sender's e-mail box to a new Exchange 2007 server. Prior to that the mailbox was on a 2003 Exchange server.

Jock, I can't be sure about the font color issue re plain text; however, the initial user is sending in HTML. I don't believe this is the problem because when the receiver gets the message, its as if it is empty, in other words there are no extra lines where white text would be. The message is collapsed. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help,

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you tried view source on the one of the troublesome messages?

Do you have any content filtering enabled in Exchange or with third party software?

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Hi Judy

Sorry, I misread your original post. I thought it was received msgs which were blank for this particular user, not that her sent msgs were received as blank. I agree with JoeP, check the html as received; sounds likely it is not generated correctly.

If she sends plain text msgs are they OK?

Jock

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe, we have no content management filter for internal e-mails and there's nothing in the source that's any different than any other e-mail. Jock, it doesn't make any difference if it's HTML or Plain Text the problem still exists. If that user is logged onto another PC or she sends using webmail the e-mails are OK. It has to be something with her profile on that PC, at least that's what we think. Today we are going to blow the profile away and see what happens. Of course we don't just blow them away we rename so can copy back from it! Thanks again,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For anyone that has a similar issue. Here's the solution--We renamed the users profile and had the user logon which created a new profile. The problem with the non-display of e-mails is gone. We copied important stuff like Favorites and My Documents and Desktop Shortcuts, etc. from the old profile to the new profile. All is working normally. Guess we should have gone with our gut feeling and done that first, and not worry about trying to figure out a reason why it happened. We will never know, but the user is happy! Thanks for all your input.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for posting your solution.

Joe
    Joe