New Lounger
    Thanks
    I was assuming that this would be something I could find on the web, but I'm just not finding it I'm not.
    How would I get I use a query to get the Standard Deviations?
    From what I read it should be something like this, but this one isnít working.
    When I try this
    Code:
    Standard Deviations: (DStDev([Jan_Fund],[Feb_Fund],[Mar_Fund]))
    I'm getting a reading in the SD field that shows "#Error"
    So if I took all the months from Jan - Dec, what would the formula be for a Standard Deviation?

Code:
    Standard Deviations: Val(StDev ([Jan_Fund],[Feb_Fund],[Mar_Fund],[Apr_Fund],[May_Fund],[Jun_Fund],[Jul_Fund],[A
    ug_Fund],[Sep_Fund],[Oct_Fund],[Nov_Fund],[Dec_Fund],0)
    or something like this:
    Code:
    (DStDev([Jan_Fund],[Feb_Fund],[Mar_Fund]))
    or
    Code:
    (StDev([Jan_Fund]),([Feb_Fund],[Mar_Fund]))

Thank for all your help

TCB

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The standard deviation function is designed to take a series of records in a table and compute the standard deviation value from one field in a recordset. It appears that your data is a series of fields in one record, probably from a Totals query or more likely a crosstab query. Try doing a group by using the month, and then do the standard deviation based on that query. Remember that the syntax is DStDev(expr, domain [, criteria] ), where expr is the field in the recordset you want to evaluate, and domain is the recordset (table or query) that contains the field. In your case you don't need the criteria.
    Wendell