New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have one desktop computer with Windows XP. I have a laptop computer with Windows Vista. I have a wireless router to connect the laptop to the Internet. Recently I started having problems with losing my connection to my network from the laptop. Originally it was when I tried to upload photos and when I tried to sync up documents on my iPod Touch with the laptop using Documents to Go. Tonight I was just viewing a website. I just get disconnected from the network. I am able to reconnect, but it takes a few tries. I am thinking I may need a new router. Does that sound right?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    First thing to try would be to shut down the computer and then unplug your modem and router. After about 30 seconds power up (in this order) the modem and let it sync, next the router, let it sync, and finally the computer.

Second, change the channel on the router. Most routers use 6 as the default, try 1 or 11.

Third, reset the router using the reset button. This should put the router back to an out of the box condition and will require setting everything up again.

Last, check and see if there are any firmware updates for your router.

JB

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You could try a network scan with inSSIDer. This will show what channels to use / avoid.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Also check to see if there is a firmware update for your router and/or a driver update for you wireless network card.

Jerry