3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

failure to logon

I have a laptop running w95 in which we have installed a pcmcia network card to connect via adsl to the internet. Although all of the network options appear to be setup correctly and logon to microsoft network is turned on we cannot get a logon screen. The network section of the local machine in the registry is the same as other machines.

I am fast running out of ideas - I have reinstalled W95, and played with every other network setting that I can think of but to no avail.

Any bright ideas out there??????

ileacy

Re: failure to logon

Is the Network Card working properly?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: failure to logon.

Sorry Ian I should have included something about that. The lights on the connector are lit/flashing as I would expect, and the machine recognises the card so I think so. It's the only laptop I have so am unable to tell otherwise. If no one can come up with any other answer I guess I'll have to go find a laptop to test it on.

ileacy

Re: failure to logon.

Can you connect the laptop to something other than the DSL? eg, Your office network.

If you can, then the the NIC is ok and your problems are with the connection parameters for the DSL modem.