Thanks
    I am trying to set up my GMail in Outlook. I had it set up, but removed it so that I could re-configure Outlook.

I want it to use (create) a PST called "GMail" (duh!). I removed the old pst because I couldn't get it "attach" to that file.

But now it created the file (pst file) as GMail(2)...so I deleted that and started over, and then it created GMail(3)...

It is obviously reading something from somewhere...but where? And how do I get the account settings to work with a specific PST?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    I am trying to set up my GMail in Outlook. I had it set up, but removed it so that I could re-configure Outlook.
    I want it to use (create) a PST called "GMail" (duh!). I removed the old pst because I couldn't get it "attach" to that file.
    But now it created the file (pst file) as GMail(2)...so I deleted that and started over, and then it created GMail(3)...
    It is obviously reading something from somewhere...but where? And how do I get the account settings to work with a specific PST?
    Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    So much for 'third time lucky'
    Try using CCleaner to remove from 'tools menu' then use 'reg cleaner' finally cleaner itself.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    So much for 'third time lucky'
    Try using CCleaner to remove from 'tools menu' then use 'reg cleaner' finally cleaner itself.
    I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Chuck,

If you choose File->Account Settings you will have list of your accounts shown in the Email tab. You can click over the desired account and then click the Change Folder button. This will allow you to pick a folder (usually the Inbox folder) from any existing pst file or even to create a new outlook data file and then choose the Inbox folder. Try it. You will find it pretty straightforward.

The Outlook files created by Outlook 2010 are created, by default, in My Documents->Outlook Files. You can go there and rename any file you want. To add a file to the list of Data Files displayed by Outlook, again visit File->Account Settings, then choose Data Files tab and click the Add button. This will allow you to include any renamed file in your list of data files, and then you can associate an account with the file, if you want to.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rui Ribeiro View Post
    Chuck,

If you choose File->Account Settings you will have list of your accounts shown in the Email tab. You can click over the desired account and then click the Change Folder button. This will allow you to pick a folder (usually the Inbox folder) from any existing pst file or even to create a new outlook data file and then choose the Inbox folder. Try it. You will find it pretty straightforward.

The Outlook files created by Outlook 2010 are created, by default, in My Documents->Outlook Files. You can go there and rename any file you want. To add a file to the list of Data Files displayed by Outlook, again visit File->Account Settings, then choose Data Files tab and click the Add button. This will allow you to include any renamed file in your list of data files, and then you can associate an account with the file, if you want to.
    Thanks Rui.

Regards,
    Chuck