New Lounger
    Thanks
    I知 looking for a way that I can automate my dates. Instead of going in a couple of times a months going into my query and changing the dates to correct my query.

My typically query outcomes are.
    1. Past 3 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 3 months.
      Past 6 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 6 months.
      Past 9 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 9 months.
      Past 12 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 12 months.
    2. List Item

I tried using the formula below, but seem to be pulling by quarters, and if I need to pull a report that shows the past 3 month and I知 half way through the 4th month it doesn稚 let me pull the correct data

Code:
    3Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-3,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

6Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-6,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

9Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-9,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

12Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-12,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))
    Thank you for all you time and help
    TCB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Corey

Here's a userdefined function you can place in a module and then call from your query.
    It will always return the 1st of the month for the last n full months and wil adjust to last year if necessary.

3Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>dteBackDate(3),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

etc.

Code:
    Public Function dteBackDate(vValue As Variant) As Date

Dim iMonth     As Integer
      Dim iYear      As Integer
      Dim dteCurDate As Date

dteCurDate = Date
      iMonth = Month(dteCurDate) - vValue
      iYear = Year(dteCurDate)
      If iMonth <= 0 Then
        iMonth = 12 + iMonth
        iYear = iYear - 1
      End If
      dteBackDate = DateValue(Format(iMonth, "##") & "/1/" & Format(iYear, "####"))

End Function
    Hope this helps.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Vlasak View Post
    I知 looking for a way that I can automate my dates. Instead of going in a couple of times a months going into my query and changing the dates to correct my query.

My typically query outcomes are.
    1. Past 3 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 3 months.
      Past 6 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 6 months.
      Past 9 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 9 months.
      Past 12 months starting at the end of the prior month and go back 12 months.
    2. List Item

I tried using the formula below, but seem to be pulling by quarters, and if I need to pull a report that shows the past 3 month and I知 half way through the 4th month it doesn稚 let me pull the correct data

Code:
    3Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-3,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

6Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-6,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

9Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-9,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))

12Month: Sum(IIf([Data_Field]>DateAdd("m",-12,Date()),[Amount_Actual_Loan],0))
    Thank you for all you time and help
    TCB
    The last day of the prior month can be calculated from this: Date() - Day(Date())

the first day of the current month is: Date() - Day(Date()) + 1

The first day of the prior 3 months can be calculated from this: DateAdd("m",-3, Date() - Day(Date())+1)

You could turn these into functions to make it easier for you, something like this:
    Code:
    Public Function LastMonthEnd() as Date
       LastMonthEnd = Date() - Day(Date())
    End Function

Public Function Prior3MonthStart() AS Date
       Prior3MonthStart = DateAdd("m",-3, Date() - Day(Date())+1)
    End Function
    In your query, you can now use these functions as follows:

3Month: Sum(IIF( Data_Field >= Prior3MonthStart() AND Data_Field <= LastMonthEnd(), Amount_Actual_Loan, 0))
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I will set it up and let you know how it works for me