Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donebb View Post
    My wife has our family cookbook that is crammed full of recipes from various sources. Some are part of the cookbook but many others are on loose pieces of paper of various sizes, cards, and even cut out from magazines or food packages. It's a mess. When she wants to find a recipe, she has to thumb through the pile until she finds the one she wants.

I have a lot of recipes that I store on the computer in Word format and also have many that I have bookmarked.

I have Office 2003, with Word, Excel and Access. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to store and retrieve these recipes? I don't know whether to type them all in Word and just keep them in a file folder, or an Access database, then we can change the amounts needed, if say we double the recipe. maybe there's another program that would be better.
    I was in your same situation many years ago and developed recipe software to better organize my recipes, plan my meals, and prepare grocery shopping lists. You can read more about it at http://www.mountain-software.com/homecook.htm. You can type in your favorite recipes from your cookbooks, transfer recipes from your word documents, or import recipes you find on the internet or other sources. You can find your favorites easily, resize the ingredients when needed, create cookbooks, and more. I hope you find it as useful and easy to use as we have!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    You can also try shop and cook at www.shopncook.com they give you 45 day free trail fully operational. After 45 days I dont know what happens as I bought it after only 2 weeks. John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There are quite a few applications dedicated to recipe storage. I have used only one of these and that was a number of years ago (I don't even recall its name just now).

It came with humdreds of recipes already in it and while it allowed me to enter my own, it wasn't as easy as bringing up one of theirs. My other complaint was that it was too detailed, i.e. required that I enter too much detail for my recipes. So it was time consuming to use.

So maybe ther newer recipe apps are better now, I don't know. If you find one you like, please repost and let us know.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry10 View Post
    You can also try shop and cook at www.shopncook.com they give you 45 day free trail fully operational. After 45 days I dont know what happens as I bought it after only 2 weeks. John

just a note to add mine above. I dont like to type but this is very easy to put your own recipies in it, and recalculating servings just hit button, and shopping items automaticly goes in
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12