Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a new laptop with a new Office 2010. I also am a Blackberry user. When I set up the new Outlook and BB Desktop Manager, it imported all of my contacts from the Blackbery (which had been in exact sync with the old outlook) into Contacts as opposed to the address book. So now, when I start a new email, I cannot click on the "To:" box to get the adress because that launches the Address Book which is empty because everything went into Contacts. I'm not sure why these are two different things but they seem to be. SO now, I need to open Contacts, choose my recipient, then click on New Email instead of click New Email, and then To: (or let auto-complete finish it). Is there any way to reconcile these two things (Contacts vs Address Book)? I kind of liked it the old way.

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    In Outlook, click on Contacts in the navigation pane at the bottom left. Then right click on your contact folder at the top of the navigation pane and select Properties. Click on the Outlook Address Book tab. Make sure the check box is selected.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,
    My Outlook Address Book tab has a greyed out check box. How do I fix that?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It may be that the Address Book isn't "starting" in your Contacts folder. From the Home tab while you are at your Inbox, click on the Address Book icon. Choose Tools > Options from the menu. Is "Start with contacts folder selected?"