New Lounger
    Thanks
    Kia Ora Fellow Loungers,

This is my first post in WSL.

My Acer PC runs Windows 7 32-bit, with Bonjour installed. I print wirelessly via an Apple Airport Express Base Station from my Canon MX860 USB printer.

I also wirelessly print, using the same printer, from a Mac Book and a PC using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (they print perfectly with no false or otherwise error messages). But there is an annoying glitch when printing from the Acer Win 7 PC -

After the print queue is established, there is a message "collecting printer status", then another, "creating print data". More often than not thereafter, a third message appears "! printer not responding", but the printer happily prints anyway.

It may, of course, merely be an unavoidable response to what is perceived by the Canon printer as a delay associated in turn by the use of Bonjour/AirPort Express. I do not get this "! Printer not responding" message when printing by USB directly from the PC to the MX860 printer...

Others may have struck this "problem".

Any help to eliminate this message/speed the system up would be appreciated.

Thanks
    MX860 series MP Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000)

Last Updated : 26-Oct-2009.Here's the the lastest driver for canon mx860 New Zealand.Here's the link;Canon Scroll all the way down the page.Then make sure you put a check mark in;I have read and understood the information above, and wish to download the designated software.Hope this helps.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks, I'll study and give it a go after I pluck up courage to fiddle with drivers...