Lounger
    Thanks
    More than likely this will be an easy one since I do not have much experience with Access and even less with Access reporting. I am trying to modify a report that currently sums numerous years worth of hourly values from two separate entities and then calculates the monthly medians of this sum (12 results total). I need to modify the report so it is calculating the average rather than the median. I would like speak with someone on the phone if possible regarding this issue since will more than likely involve more questions as I go along. Please let me know if this is possible and, if so, how to go about it.

Thank you

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Most of us do this on a volunteer basis, and have full-time jobs doing other things, so our available time is quite limited. In addition, we may also live on different continents, or at least in different time zones (and there is nothing in your profile to indicate your location), so phone support isn't usually done. However you can post a sanitized and cut-down version of the database that we can look at, or you can post the SQL string that is the data source of the report, and we can suggest how to change that to calculate the average instead of the median. By the way, doing a median is a fair bit more difficult that doing an average, as Access has a built-in function for doing the average.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ah, then that explains the expression "=IIf([odd]=0,([arg2]+[arg2])/2,[arg1])" . At least some of it must be to derive the median. I was wondering what the [arg 1] and [arg 2] were referencing and where they originate (still am). I also discovered one other important peice of information yesterday from a co-worker; you need to double click the folders (functions) in the expression builder to expand them rather than clicking on the plus sign. As a result, I have found the Avg function. Now to determine the procedure in "Create a report by using wizard" or otherwise to reflect the average of each month (12 values) over several years worth of hourly data from two entities.