New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an HP Pavilion dv6 running Windows 7 and I cannot install my Photosmart C6180 all-in-one. The install gets almost to the end and gives one of four error messages: cannot find the file C://...temp\7zS00F8\Setip\hpzprl40.exe, or HP imaging device was not found, or HP Solution center will not open, or HP cannot find the printer on wirelessly. The HP solution software indicated that there is a Windows 7 error. I've followed all the instructions without success. Any ideas \about what I can do next?

Thanks
    Do you have the latest software from HP? HP has always been one of those printer manufacturers that seem to be slow in updating drivers. You also have to have drivers that are the same bitness as the installed OS (i.e. 64 Bit Win 7 requires 64 Bit printer drivers)

I do not use an HP printer any more, but with my Canon wireless printer, I also had significant problems with the wireless hookup and finally resorted to running an ethernet cable between the printer and my wireless router. Now my wireless laptop PC's see and write to the printer whenever I wish. Without the ethernet cable it was very hit or miss whether I could even see the printer, let alone print to it from my wireless (bluetooth) PC's. My hard wired desktop PC could always print to the printer through it's own dedicated ethernet cable, but the wireless PC's could not until I made this change.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I think you should try the driver from the HP site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1153494. Maybe the problem won't occur if you use it.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the idea. I've downloaded the latest drivers from the HP website. Are the drivers you referred to different?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weitz View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I've downloaded the latest drivers from the HP website. Are the drivers you referred to different?
    Hi,

No, sorry, I don't think they are. The suggestion was just to be sure that you downloaded the very latest ones.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Weitz View Post
    I have an HP Pavilion dv6 running Windows 7 and I cannot install my Photosmart C6180 all-in-one. The install gets almost to the end and gives one of four error messages: cannot find the file C://...temp\7zS00F8\Setip\hpzprl40.exe, or HP imaging device was not found, or HP Solution center will not open, or HP cannot find the printer on wirelessly. The HP solution software indicated that there is a Windows 7 error. I've followed all the instructions without success. Any ideas \about what I can do next?
    Michael,
    Hello... i have had fits installing HP printer software to my C7180 all in one,and had similar error messages ....what i have done is
    1. Using a program like "Everything" ( free ) http://www.voidtools.com/ (set it up to only scan your C: drive) and search for "remnants" of HP's install.and remove them, or if you are able bring up the HP installer and run it to remove anything that was installed (safer option)
    2. Run the HP installer again ( as administrator... right click) but before ...clear out the "Temp" folder... and if you can "take ownership " of it ..Then proceed with the install.
    3. Some of the error messages that i would get involved the "taking ownership" of some file or folder. If your not sure how post back .
    4.Sometimes i also would get some error and could click "retry" or "ignore " then would go on to complete
    5. One final thing i learned .. let HP install everything ...if you start choosing what to load .. most times would fail , or some other error message. Once you have it working ...then you can 'Uninstall ' the thing (part ) that you don't want using the HP uninstaller. Good luck Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Fred:

Thanks for the ideas. I've unistalled several times and used CCleaner and PC Tools Registry Cleaner to get rid of fragmentgs, etc. I assume that I have administrator privileges so that my installs should be OK, but I'll specificsally right click to make sure that I install again as administrator.

Thanks for the ideas. Happy New Year.
    Michael

Thanks
    Unfortunately using an administrator account does not autonatically give you the top level administrator privledges, for this you need to use Right Click, Run as Administrator. This gives the highest level privledge.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information. I'll try it.
    Michael

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi - I have an HP C6180 which is 5 maybe 6 years old and which i have been using with my Desktop (3 to 4 yrs old Dell XPS 420) on Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit and have always had odd problems and lose the printer and have to re-intsall occasionally though lately this has become often - every few days). My daughter has a Dell Studio laptop (Win 7 Premium 32 Bit) and its always had problems connecting to the printer. The printer is on my wireless network. I recently got an HP Pavillion dv6 which has Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and that seems to be fine with the printer, no problems - so afr - only a few months but I'd normally expect problems within that time.

So I'm starting to think that maybe the 64 bit driver is better more reliable than the 32 bit driver and am thinking of converting the two 32 bit machines to 64 bit though i know this is a long and tedious process SO before i do i wondered if anyone else had made a similar observation and if they had converted to 64 bit and if it had cured their problem.

Appreciate any comments relative to the above issue.

Thanks

Bob T

Thanks
    Bob, Welcome to the Lounge.

In looking at the specs for the Dell XPS 420 it does appear the architecture does support 64 Bit. You should confirm yours has 64 Bit processor, etc. You would also have to verify the same with her Studio laptop (you don't mention which model). You would have to acquire Win 7 (2 copies) in 64 Bit and do a Custom (Clean) install to change from 32 Bit OS to 64 Bit OS, then reinstall all apps. Changing "Bitness" requires a Clean Install.

This might help your problem, but does seem a lot of work and expense. I might consider a different printer, possibly a different brand of printer. That might be easier and less costly than upgrading 2 PC's.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Medico For This Useful Post:

Bob Todd (2012-05-07)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Todd View Post

Appreciate any comments relative to the above issue.
    Bob,
    Hello...If your Old HP printer driver \ software 32 bit was installed in your new PC, it will end up in "Program files (X86)" ( still 32 bit) Did you install an updated 64 bit HP driver \ software for your new machine? Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Plain Fred For This Useful Post:

Bob Todd (2012-05-07)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Ted and Fred,
    Thanks for your welcome and helpful comments.
    I should have said that I have checked both machines I am looking to convert and both indicate that they are 64 bit capable and I have all the discs I need (one set of discs but the two original validation codes) to install 64 bit and that I am retired so have plenty of time.
    I have looked in the Hewlett Packard and HP folders in both the program Files and program files (x86) and cannot see anything in either that seems to refer to the printer (the new laptop is an HP so there is plenty in both).
    I agree a new printer scanner (I was thinking of the Canon MX885 which I can get from the web here in Australia for 191 A$) would be a lot simpler - only snag is I've just bought 28 print cartridges for the existing printer (by mistake I hit buy twice for an offer which had two sets anyway!). I was also thinking of upgrading my desktop to an SSD so maybe do it all at once. I did try to download a 64 driver package but its name was the same as my 32 bit one - AIO_CDA_FSW Full Win WW 130 140.exe and the same size so I'm not sure if the same package can install both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers as appropriate.

Thanks again - will post what I eventually do and how I get on.
    Bob T

Thanks
    If you already have the 64 bit Win 7 disks, then go for it. Be advised however that all you apps will have to be reinstalled as well. I would also be sure to have all device drivers (In 64 bit of course) downloaded ahead of time, perhaps on a flash drive. And of course before starting any project of this magnitude, have a full system Image of your system made ahead of time to restore o if something unexpected happens.

I would also have adult beverages of your choice available, in moderation of course, available for consumption when things are taking too long. whichever you prefer. Cheers and have fun. Ted
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Todd View Post
    I did try to download a 64 driver package but its name was the same as my 32 bit one - AIO_CDA_FSW Full Win WW 130 140.exe and the same size so I'm not sure if the same package can install both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers as appropriate.
    Bob,
    Hello... When the "Driver Package" says its for both 32 \ 64, bit it will load up for either ..If it is indeed a 64 bit package it will show up in "Program Files" on your 64 bit OS ...Otherwise it will end up in your "Program Files (x86)" To me it sounds like your "Laptop" printer not communicating... is a "Wireless Network " problem. Regards Fred

PS: as far as the printer going south occasionally (having to reinstall software)... this could be caused by running either a "registry cleaner" or some kind of "Cleaner" for Temp files etc (ex: CCleaner, Revo, jv16, etc.)
    PlainFred