New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

It is a while that I have a problem with my Display Driver. While watching Youtube or other video clips the display driver causes a crash on my PC bringing the famous Blue Screen which shuts down my PC.
    I have done everything that I thought was reasonable including changing the video resolutions and settings...etc. I also updated my display driver to the latest on the manufacturer website and the problem is always there. The system information is as follows; can somebody please help me?
    This is my last chance before changing my video card.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name HAMID-PC
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model P5Q SE/R
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 2336 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0807, 31/10/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
    Locale Australia
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
    User Name Hamid-PC\Hamid
    Time Zone AUS Eastern Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 2.56 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.56 GB
    Page File Space 4.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Physical Display: ACER V233H
    Display Driver: 80.17.12.6099
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    I have the same motherboard in a home built dual boot system with two drives.

It seems to happen when I am in XP mode but not that often..

I also updated the drivers etc.

I think I read once that is is a motherboard problem but I am not sure about that either.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Hi Hamid,

Try updating your BIOS to the latest version available as well as your motherboard's chipset device drivers.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Gerald, I updated all that also and still occasionally have the problem.
    That's why I mentioned it in reply to Hamid's message.

I forgot what I actually updated but if Hamid emails ASUS support they will tell him exactly what he needs to do.
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gerald,

I updated both the Motherboard and Chipset firmwares to the latest versions, as you suggested.

I will try to repeat the previous situations and test. I will post again if that was successful or not.

Thanks everybody for your help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Help!

It happened again and again. While watching Youtube on full screen the system crashes. The best happens is that the many many white points appear on the screen and the system must be re-started.

I am stuck with this problem and I don't know what to do.

Before throwing my video card away, I would like to seek your expert advice. I would like to know why this is happening, can anyone help please?

Thanks
    Have you checked the temperature of the graphics card? Physically inspected it to ensure that the fan is clear of dust, etc.?

If you could copy the mini dumps to the Desktop, zip and upload them someone may be able to diagnose the problem.

Likewise, save the System and Application logs as a *.evt log, zip and upload them, too. Someone may look through them and pick up some pointers.

Thanks
    Hamid,

Are you using the video card driver supplied by Acer or one downloaded direct from Nvidia. Whichever is the source of your current driver, try the other source. Nvidia'a reference drivers may or may not be helpful, and sometimes a video driver tweaked by the computer manufacturer can be problematic or a real winner. Also, sometimes an earlier driver can actually work better than the most recent one, so consider that as well, as long as its specs include Windows 7 with the correct bitness (32 or 64 bit) of your OS.

Banyarola, I also dual boot Wiindows 7 (Pro 64 bit) with XP (Home) on an Intel motherboard that is not supported for Windows 7.

However, Intel did update the Chipset Device Driver set for that board and it is supposedly Windows 7 compatible.

I had a BSOD everyday when I restarted XP to go to Windows 7. The situation improved somewhat after the Chipset Device driver update and trying different versions of the Nvidia card driver. But I did find that when I completely shut down XP, rather than doing a restart, Windows 7 did not blue screen when I booted back up. I do not know if that may help your situation, but that has been my experience on my system.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I got a ASUS with AMD everything 4 Core prossor, and video ATI PRO 2400 the same and tuner card. I will lose the video but sound keeps playing. I got to RE- Boot in order it get the Video card back on line,. I still cant find a answer even with talking to tech support at AMD. Go figure, Maybe thats why certain boards were DIS- Continued only after a couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid Naderi View Post
    Help!

It happened again and again. While watching Youtube on full screen the system crashes. The best happens is that the many many white points appear on the screen and the system must be re-started.

I am stuck with this problem and I don't know what to do.

Before throwing my video card away, I would like to seek your expert advice. I would like to know why this is happening, can anyone help please?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Hamid,

Are you using the video card driver supplied by Acer or one downloaded direct from Nvidia. Whichever is the source of your current driver, try the other source. Nvidia'a reference drivers may or may not be helpful, and sometimes a video driver tweaked by the computer manufacturer can be problematic or a real winner. Also, sometimes an earlier driver can actually work better than the most recent one, so consider that as well, as long as its specs include Windows 7 with the correct bitness (32 or 64 bit) of your OS.
    Gerald, I tried to get an Acer driver but unfortunately there was no 64 bit driver for my model. I don't know what to do...

Do I have to say goodbye to my video card and buy another one, hopefully compatible one?

Thanks
    Hamid,

You can download a Windows 7 compatible 64 bit driver from Nvidia here. And here is apparently the latest compatible driver available for the 9400GT. However, your best bet would be to check out your video card manufacturers site for the 64 bit driver. Nvidia manufactured the 9400GT GPU, and Nvidia also manufactures video cards. However, Nvidia also supplies several other video card companies with the 9400GT chip, such as EVGA, PNY, BFG, and others. So, identify which vendor built your card and look for the Win7 64 bit compatible driver from their specific support site.

If you cannot identify the card manufacturer, then the Nvidia link provided will get their driver for you. It should work for you, but most card manufacturers tweak the reference drivers Nvidia supplies them, so drivers from each card manufacturer can be slightly different.
    Deadeye81