2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello all. First the specs. I am running a less than year old HP Win7 64bit that up until yesterday was running fine. I was playing Call of Duty (of all things) and the game screen suddenly went from full screen to a quarter size. I have checked all my settings and game settings, display resolution, etc and nothing jumps out at me. It was like you snapped your fingers and poof, the game screen was suddenly about 1/5th the size of the monitor screen and now I can see most of the desktop icons. I thought I would try a simple System Restore to see if that would fix my screen issue first rather than unistalling and reinstalling the game to see if that fixed it. I have run System Restore twice using different dates. I selected Automatic Restore Point with a System Type. Both times after it does its thing and reboots I recieve a popup with the Red X saying Sys Restore did not complete sucessfully. Your computers files and settings were not changed. For the Details: An unspecified error occured during System Restore (0xc0000022).

I did a search of this 0xc0000022 and see a few different "solutions". Some want me to go into the registry, some say its a security thing and to turn off my firewall and anti virus and other odds and ends in between. I would think that if System Restore required you to turn off your security it would tell you.

So my l question is have any of you had this or a similar issue? I just hate to start trying all these different solutions without getting some input. I have been a member for many years and I have a lot of respect for this place and its members. As it stands now with this issue, I have nor will I ever have the ability to use System Restore. So.......................ideas.

And thanks

Jim

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    If you have trouble with System Restore, the first thing to try is to disable your A/V. Your firewall should be OK. You can always disconnect from the internet during the restore process if you are worried.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    As I was afraid, shutting off everything in Norton (virus, antispyware,the firewall, intrusion and everything else in it) System Restore does its thing, then goes and reboots and upon completion of the reboot gives me the same error. Anybody have another solution? I do not use or have installed any backup software such as Acronis etc, just what comes with Win7 so the bug lies in here.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try the System Restore in Safe Mode. I, like you have never had good results using System Restore. Usually though, it will work in Safe Mode.

JB