New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Win7 Home Premium 64. When I got the system I created two new "Standard User" accounts which use for day to day stuff. Afew months later, I added another "Standard User" account with no problems. I can log in to each of these accounts. Recently I tried creating a fourth "Standard User" account but I have run into problems trying to use this new account. The account shows up correctly in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" and it has been given a password. The account also shows up on the login page, but I cannot login to it at all. I get the error:

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

No profile gets created, there is no folder for the new account under C:\Users and there is no new SID generated in the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\ProfileList. Have I missed a step in creating this new account or is this some new quirk introduced after Microsoft closed some security hole in the user account management?

In Win 7 Home Premium I don't have access to "Local Users and Groups" or the Group Policy Editor, so I can't examine those settings

I have already tried deleting and recreating the new account as well as creating other accounts (both Standeard and Administrator) to no avail.

So, I am stumped at the moment. Does anyone have any ideas that I might try.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Question Any Resolution? I am having EXACTLY the same problem!

Quote Originally Posted by zengeek View Post
    .... running Win7 Home Premium 64. ... The account shows up correctly in "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts" and it has been given a password. The account also shows up on the login page, but I cannot login to it at all. I get the error:

"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

No profile gets created, there is no folder for the new account under C:\Users and there is no new SID generated in the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\ProfileList. ... I have already tried deleting and recreating the new account as well as creating other accounts (both Standeard and Administrator) to no avail.
    Who can come to our rescue?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you created a small OS partition so the profile does not have enough room?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

No Partitions Involved (that I know of)

Joe - Thanks for the idea - I have only one hard drive letter - C - and it has plenty of space.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Are you adding the users when you are logged in as an admin user?

Joe

Thanks
    See this Microsoft KB article.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe - I am creating the User accounts using my Admin account, not my user account.

Jerry - I had see that KB (947215), but I didn't think it applied. On your recommendation, I went back to it. It is different. They are trying to get in to accounts which have been used before. In my case I am trying to create 2 new accounts (so there would be a total of 4). When I go into RegEdit, and go to the S - 1 - 5 lines as described, I see the two working accounts but do NOT seen anything for the two newly created accounts. All the instructions in the KB (and in a number of other Internet postings) assume your account exists, that you can't get in, and that you can create another. I can't create one.

Thank you to both of you for the ideas.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you checked the event logs to see if there is more information there?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Bingo!

Joe - that is HELPFUL!! ... but I don't know how to fix it.

I have a number of 1509 warnings listed in the log. The log shows:
    Windows cannot copy file \\?\C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo ws Live\Bici\Bici1_00.sqm to location \\?\C:\Users\<NewUser>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Win dows Live\Bici\Bici1_00.sqm. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights.
    DETAIL - Access is denied.
    (where <NewUser> is the name I had given the new user which I was trying to log in with)

The More information link says:
    Windows cannot copy file \\?\C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windo ws Live\Bici\Bici1_00.sqm to location \\?\C:\Users\TV\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Bici\Bici1_00.sqm. This error may be caused by network problems or insufficient security rights.
    DETAIL - Access is denied.

I have not had a chance to dig into this yet (but will tonight). Any ideas in the meantime?

I also found a lot of "errors" as below, but I will need to look into those later...

Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Administrator
    Thanks
    Check the security on the file being copied. You may need to change it to allow any user read access.

"Circular Kernel Context Logger" - I've seen threads discussing this that say:
    - disable IPv6
    - install the most current drivers for your NIC
    - enable hibernation

Unless you are using a Windows 7 Homegroup you probably don't need IPv6 right now.

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    SOLVED! (temporarily at least and permanently I hope!)

In searching for possible 1509 solutions, I came across this http://rob.brooks-bilson.com/index.c...nnot-be-loaded. Comment #21 by Charles suggested
    ...I discovered it was caused by a security problem on a few files/folders in the C:\Users\Default folder. I was able to easily fix it by going into the Advanced Security Settings for the C:\Users\Default folder and checking the box to "Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object".

It seemed the simplest solution ... and it worked!!!!

Now back to the "Circular Kernel Context Logger" error.