New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a client with Outlook 2007 with their primary email account setup as a POP3 account. She downloads her mail ok, then later she will log into her ISP webmail and delete some emails and then when she goes back into her Outlook the mail she deleted from within her Webmail is now apparently also deleted from her Outlook!
    Is this even possible with a POP3 account? I cannot find a setting for this on Outlook or on her Webmail account.
    If somebody could verify this with me it would be appreciated. Cheers.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Duff View Post
    Hi,
    I have a client with Outlook 2007 with their primary email account setup as a POP3 account. She downloads her mail ok, then later she will log into her ISP webmail and delete some emails and then when she goes back into her Outlook the mail she deleted from within her Webmail is now apparently also deleted from her Outlook!
    Is this even possible with a POP3 account? I cannot find a setting for this on Outlook or on her Webmail account.
    If somebody could verify this with me it would be appreciated. Cheers.
    No, that is not possible, as far as I know. The other way around, yes, but even then it depends on how you configure your client.
    Keeping a local copy of the email is one of the advantages of using POP. Once you have a local copy of a message, you do not need to keep a copy on the server.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Awesome. Just as i suspected. Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Duff View Post
    Sure sounds like an IMAP account...