New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all! I was referred to this site as it pertains to the problems that I have with my excel 2000 spreadsheets, so I have my fingers crossed that someone can help. I have a small business server running Windows 2000 server, an HP9050MFP printer and a couple of terminals running Windows XP. We use Office 2000 and it seems to function very well, but all of a sudden the print image format has changed and consequently unless we reformat the document it will not print as before. Because some of these excel documents are over 10 years old-reformatting is "out of the question".

The print image on the monitors for all of Office programs seem distorted and as such do not print as before. The only way that we can print an existing excel document is to download it file to a thumb drive and print it on another computer that is not hooked to the network.

We thought that it must be a corrupt print driver but reinstalling this did not help. I also thought that it might be a PS (Post Script)conflict problem from one of the Adobe program, so we removed all Adobe programs and still had no resolve to the problem.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi HD,

Your description suggests there may be a problem with the HP9050MFP printer driver. Have you tried sourcing an updated driver? I'm not quite sure what you mean by ' the print image format ' - Print Preview, perhaps?
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, print preview is distorted! First thing we thought was a corrupt print driver and downloaded the most current version
    from HP and installed it-still the same. It is strange because the problem started on one computer, then took a look at the
    same file on another computer and immediately the problem spread.

Not sure what to try next.